Technology Refresh Program - 18/19
DescriptionTechnology Refresh Program deployment is currently underway. Refresh appointments will continue through June 2019.
Start and Delivery Dates
06/01/2018 to 06/01/2019
Instructional and Information Technology Services, IITS - User Support Services
06/01/2019: IITS has completed the deployment of 870 computers over the course of the past academic year. IITS has shifted focus toward re-allocating systems that have returned in a satisfactory condition to be re-purposed for faculty research needs.
02/01/2019: 826 computers have been deployed (95%). The remaining 5% are systems in progress, but consist of high-touch/complex systems that require careful migration.
12/01/2018: Progress for November - 700 computers have been installed/deployed (80%).
11/23/2018: The IITS Help Desk has deployed systems quickly and efficiently each year since the refresh program began in 1994. Progress for this year - 870 computers were purchased this year and 625 computers have been installed/deployed (72%).
08/27/2018: The new MAC computers are available in 7 labs across campus due to the hard work of the IITS working closely with The School of Arts. With this quick delivery, students will be able to use this state-of-the art technology for their Fall 2018 coursework.
08/20/2018: FY 18/19 order has been received. Classroom systems have been deployed ahead of the Fall semester. New Faculty units have been deployed. Faculty and staff deployments are currently underway.
Goal #1 – ENSURE AN ADAPTABLE AND SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY ENVIRONMENT
1.1 CSUSM continuously improves, deploying new systems, services, and strategies that improve efficacy and efficiency
Goal #4 – PROVIDE DYNAMIC VIRTUAL AND PHYSICAL SPACES THAT EFFECTIVELY SUPPORT THE CAMPUS
4.1 CSUSM transforms learning & working environments, exploring technologies that support faculty pedagogy and student learning, provide equal access, and create effective working areas.